Thursday 29 October 2009

I started writing my proposal yesterday after finally settling on an idea for my 20 second advert. I have all my initial research plonked into a word file for easy access and referencing for later on (for times like this when I had to write my proposal) however I've now hit a few bumps and am a little confused. I looked up the guide on the NTU NOW to see what they required format and structure wise. It was simple, an intro/ background & context / designs and justifications / Time management plan. I started to go ahead and work on writing it up, on what I would be producing and why etc.

I then had a look at my housemate’s version. His proposal was short and sweet: Bullet pointed, concise and easy to read, however not much information. I had initially done some research on the web to get some tips on writing proposals. This led to lots of information which was really good. It made the structure given to us for writing a proposal seems so basic. I wanted to make so many more sub-headings. However the guide told me otherwise. So basically I've had to stop and rethink about my structure of my proposal. Whether I have too much spiel in there and whether I need to get rid of it. Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment